Dryer Fire News

Each day, there are numerous news items about dryer fires. Here, we are stressing the importance of having a safe home by linking to some of the articles.

Dryer fire in UND campus building

WDAY
December 14, 2017
 

Grand Forks-- A fire on the University of North Dakota campus was reported to the Grand Forks Fire Department at 6:28 p.m. on Wednesday. West Hall building at 3530 University Avenue had flames coming up from a dryer in the laundry room, according to reports. Students were being evacuated as crews ...

Read more...

UPDATE: House fire starts near clothes dryer

WSAZ-TV
December 14, 2017
 

Pt. Pleasant Fire Chief Jeremy Bryant tells WSAZ the fire was difficult to fight because of heavy wind and neighboring houses. The fire happened in the 1900 block of North Main St. No word on if there are any injuries at this time. First responders from West Virginia and Ohio were at the scene.

Read more...

Dryer fire breaks out in Nashua apartment building

WMUR Manchester
December 14, 2017
 

Dryer fire breaks out in Nashua apartment building ... At 4:05 p.m., the Nashua Fire Department was alerted about a fire in an apartment building on Pine Street. Upon arrival, crews saw heavy smoke and were told the fire started in the basement in the laundry room. Advertisement. Crews were able to ...

Read more...

Fire starts in dryer

CTV News
December 14, 2017
 

A fire that started in a dryer caused thousands of dollars worth of damage in Saskatoon on Sunday. The Saskatoon Fire Department says the fire started around 1:30 p.m., in a house at 211 Kutz Crescent. All occupants of the house were evacuated. Fire crews entered the house and found a fire in the ...

Read more...

Dryer fire displaces family of four and 3 dogs

Milford Mirror
December 14, 2017
 

A dryer fire displaced a family of four with three dogs early this morning in Milford. Fire dispatchers received a 911 call at 6:56 a.m. reporting the incident. Firefighters arrived at the scene and found smoke coming from the lower level garage area of the two-story residence at 65 William St. “A hose line was ...

Read more...

Dryer fire causes heavy smoke damage to Littleton home

WMUR Manchester
December 08, 2017
 

Dryer fire causes heavy smoke damage to Littleton home ... The fire was declared under control about 20 minutes after dispatch. The source of the fire was determined to be a dryer in a first-floor bathroom. No one was injured, though the home had heavy smoke and soot damage. The Red Cross is assisting ...

Read more...

Home Damaged After Dryer Fire

LEX18 Lexington KY News
December 08, 2017
 

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) One person was treated for possible smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a home Thursday afternoon. The fire broke out around 3:45 on Chatsworth Drive, near Eastland Parkway. One person inside the residence was treated at the scene for possible smoke inhalation, but ...

Read more...

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster ...

WGAL Lancaster
December 05, 2017
 

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster County. Share. 46 Shares ... Crews returned to the scene of an overnight fire at the Armstrong World Industries plant in Marietta, Lancaster County, on Tuesday morning. ... Fire police on the scene tell News 8 the fire may have started in a dryer.

Read more...

Dryer fire causes Kailua-Kona condo evacuation

West Hawaii Today
December 04, 2017
 

KAILUA-KONA — A dryer fire in a downtown condo forced evacuation of several residents Sunday morning. Hawaii Fire Department first got the call to Kona Pacific Condominium on Walua Road at 10:56 a.m. Most residents had already self-evacuated when crews arrived on scene. Hawaii Fire Battalion ...

Read more...

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster ...

WGAL Lancaster
December 04, 2017
 

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster County. Share. Shares ... Crews returned to the scene of an overnight fire at the Armstrong World Industries plant in Marietta, Lancaster County, on Tuesday morning. ... Fire police on the scene tell News 8 the fire may have started in a dryer.

Read more...

Dryer Fire Brings Crews To Bristol Street

LevittownNow.com
December 01, 2017
 

Dryer Fire Brings Crews To Bristol Street. Tom Sofield ... Firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of Buckley Street in Bristol for a heater fire. They arrived to ... Crews found a dryer on fire in the basement of the home, spewing smoke throughout the dwelling, Slack told LevittownNow.com. The fire was ...

Read more...

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster ...

WGAL Lancaster
December 01, 2017
 

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster County. Share. 42 Shares ... Crews returned to the scene of an overnight fire at the Armstrong World Industries plant in Marietta, Lancaster County, on Tuesday morning. ... Fire police on the scene tell News 8 the fire may have started in a dryer.

Read more...

Apartments damaged by dryer fire smoke, sprinklers

Kenosha News
November 29, 2017
 

The total affected was not immediately known as the Red Cross was working with building management directly, Haerter said. At least four apartments were affected by the fire itself or water damage below the apartment where the dryer was located. “This is the second sprinkler-suppressed fire within a ...

Read more...

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster ...

WGAL Lancaster
November 29, 2017
 

Crews fight suspected dryer fire at Armstrong plant in Lancaster County. Share. 29 Shares ... Crews returned to the scene of an overnight fire at the Armstrong World Industries plant in Marietta, Lancaster County, on Tuesday morning. ... Fire police on the scene tell News 8 the fire may have started in a dryer.

Read more...

Appleton Fire Dept. warns of dangers of dryer fires

WBAY
November 27, 2017
 

(WBAY) -- The Appleton Fire Department is reminding people to not overload dryers after a dryer fire at a laundromat Wednesday afternoon.

Read more...

Dryer may have sparked fire at Antioch home

WKRN.com
November 22, 2017
 

ANTIOCH, Tenn. (WKRN) – A dryer is believed to have sparked a fire at an Antioch home early Monday afternoon. It happened around 12:20 p.m. in the 1000 block of Brittany Park Drive. The homeowner said he was drying pillows in the dryer when it caught on fire. He said smoke and flames were coming ...

Read more...

Dryer fire tears through Weymouth home

The Patriot Ledger
November 22, 2017
 

WEYMOUTH - A Weymouth Fire Engine just happened to be driving down North Street when it passed a burning home that had caught fire due to excessive dryer lint Tuesday morning. There were no injuries, but the fire department says it expects there to be around $70,000 in damage to the single-family ...

Read more...

Suspected dryer fire damages two homes in Middletown

Asbury Park Press
November 22, 2017
 

MIDDLETOWN — A suspected dryer fire damaged two adjacent homes on Saturday when it spread through the crawl space that connected the houses, according to the Middletown Township Fire Department. About 60 firefighters from six companies in Middletown responded before noon to the homes, ...

Read more...

Dryer Fire Out, But What's That In The Bedroom?

The Sanatoga Post
November 20, 2017
 

Once volunteers arrived and rushed inside to extinguish a clothes dryer fire, they also discovered a small marijuana growing operation on the ...

Read more...

<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 >>

Archives