Common Questions about Securirty & Online Shopping
Over the years, we've been asked several of the same important questions regarding returns, shipping costs, tax, credit card issues and security issues. Hopefully the below summary will answer any that you may have.
- Do you charge sales tax?
- We are obligated by the state of Florida to add the county specific sales tax for shipments to the state of Florida.
- How do you ship your products?
- Most of our items are shipped via UPS Standard Ground, but we offer numerous alternatives in the shopping cart checkout. Larger pallet orders will likely ship via common Carrier. However, we are happy to make any arrangements that are required.
- How are shipping charges calculated?
- Shipping is calculated by our custom shopping cart shipping application that sums up the weight, size of box and what we can fit into a box. We are flexible and will accommodate almost any shipping request. Orders to Alaska and Hawaii ship via 2nd Day Air or Priority Mail. UPS Ground calculations are not available for obvious reasons. Canadian orders are sent via Canada Post or UPS World Wide. For Canadian Post, tracking numbers are non existent and scheduled delivery can vary widely. Duty fees and Canadian tax can be expected when you collect your shipment.
- What if I cannot find a product on the site that you should be selling?
- The selection of items on our site is an accumulation of items that we feel are most innovative, useful, hard to find and popular. If there is an item you would like us to consider, please email us. My desire is to provide a one-stop shop for all your dryer venting needs.
- Do I have to purchase through the Internet?
- If you are not comfortable purchasing products through the Internet please call us or fax your request to 800-308-9345 complete with shipping, billing and items desired listed clearly. Phone orders are welcome as well.
- Do I have to use my credit card on the Internet?
- The Internet is a relatively new avenue for purchasing products. We understand that. If you are not comfortable entering your credit card through the web site, may we suggest you call or fax us the order.
- What are your warranties?
- Generally The Dryerbox product eludes the necessity of a warranty by the nature of the product. On rare occurrences, The Dryerbox may be damaged in shipment. Most of the time, the nailing flange is bent and that can be easily straightened out on the work bench. Some of our accessories are covered by a warranty from the individual manufacturer and varies according to their policies. Warranties cover defects from normal use. Damage from abuse, neglect, and accidents are not covered under the warranty. It is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer to repair or replace defective merchandise.
- How does your system provide security?
- Your information is secure. Our website secures all sensitive information by using 128-bit SSL (secure socket layers) encryption. You need a browser that supports SSL (Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer; Version 3.0 or higher). If your browser does not support SSL, you may want to upgrade to a version that does.
Our digital certificate is issued by VeriSign, Inc., one of the most well-known certification authorities. A digital certificate is an electronic method that proves you are dealing with Dryerbox.com. When you begin our checkout process, you will probably notice that the padlock icon then appears. (Where it appears is dependent on which browser and version you are using). This icon lets you know that you have entered a secure section of the website.
- How do I know that my browser is in secure mode?
- The secure mode identifier depends on the browser that you are using. The following are some of the criteria:
- 1. The URL identifying the page will always begin with "https:" versus the normal "http:".
- 2. A "closed lock" icon is present in the bottom right-hand corner of your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.
- 3. An "unbroken key" icon appears in the lower left-hand corner of the Netscape Navigator browser.
- What is your return policy?
- Returns are accepted within 30 days of purchase on all non-custom products. Items must be in their original packaging and in re-sellable condition. Credit is applied once the returned item is received and inspected. Customers are responsible for all shipping charges on non-defective product returns. Please contact us via email or calling 888-443-7937 to obtain a "Return Authorization Number".