Since all standard American clothes dryers have an exhaust port in the center of the rear panel at the very bottom, it is best to install this model Dryerbox on the bottom plate (as low as possible), unless the dryer is stacked over the washer.*
- If stud wall is a 2x4 wall, fir out the particular wall ¾" with 1x2 furring strips to provide adequate depth.
- Situate the Center-Line marking on the Dryerbox to the Center-Line of the proposed dryer appliance (upward or downward exhaust direction). Relocation of studs may be necessary.
- Attach Dryerbox to studs and bottom plate with drywall screws.
- When installing in an exterior frame wall, you should add insulation or duct board to the back-side of the box to minimize condensation and temperature transfer.
- Gas line termination options: For black iron pipe, wrap vinyl tape around throat where it penetrates. For corrugated stainless steel tubing, secure the CSST Termination Fitting with a Jamb nut to securely affix the termination to the receptacle. The gas port can be enlarged or relocated easily with a step bit.
- The new Duct Support Tab (Diagram A) will assist in maintaining the ideal penetration length of the 4" Snaplock rigid conduit of 2 inches. Create a "hook" by bending the tab at the weakened or scored locations. Break-away when duct is fully supported in-place. Seal penetration with foil tape or sealant caulk.
- Use a Roto-zip-bit router tool to cut the drywall leaving a caulk joint for the painter (Diagram B). It is best to caulk or mud this void (Diagram D).
- The baseboard is best terminated with a tapered back-cut into the rim extension on either side of box (Diagram B).
- Exposed metal can be left unpainted or can be sprayed with an acrylic latex or oil-based (alkyd) paint when the rest of the wall, trim or baseboard is painted.
* For a stacked dryer over washer, review dryer's specifications to determine the height of the exhaust port. For upward venting locate the bottom of Dryerbox 1 inch below the bottom of the exhaust port, and or downward venting, locate the top of the Dryerbox 1 inch above the dryer's exhaust port.
Upward Venting at Rough-in
Downward Venting at Rough-in