Dryer Fire News | Page 9 | Dryerbox

Dryer Fire News

Each day, there are numerous news items about dryer fires. Here, we are stressing the importance of having a safe home by linking to some of the articles.

Fire crews attend tumble dryer blaze at Hale Country Club

Altrincham Today
August 08, 2017
 

Three crews attended a fire at Hale Country Club on Clay Lane in ... They discovered a fire that had originated in a tumble dryer in the drying ...

Read more...

Family pet killed, house destroyed by fire

Elizabethtown News Enterprise
August 08, 2017
 

The fire, which started in the area of the clothes dryer resulted in a total loss of the home in the 3500 block Sportsman Lake Road, according to ...

Read more...

Family pet killed, house destroyed by fire

Elizabethtown News Enterprise
August 07, 2017
 

An early morning fire Friday in Glendale resulted in the loss of a home ... The fire, which started in the area of the clothes dryer resulted in a total ...

Read more...

Fire At Fircrest In Shoreline May Have Started In Dryer

Patch.com
August 07, 2017
 

SHORELINE, WA - The massive fire that destroyed the laundry facility at the state's Fircrest School may have started in a dryer. The two-alarm ...

Read more...

Clothes dryer ignites Waratah house fire

Newcastle Herald
August 07, 2017
 

Officers from Fire and Rescue NSW extinguished the blaze, which caused significant structural damage to the property. No one was at home at ...

Read more...

Close shave for family as tumble dryer catches fire in Chalgrove

Oxford Mail
August 07, 2017
 

The quick actions of firefighters prevented major damage to a home after a tumble dryer caught fire. The homeowners had already left the ...

Read more...

Whole house 'could have been lost' after serious tumble dryer fire

Oxford Mail
August 07, 2017
 

AN ENTIRE house nearly burnt to the ground after a tumble dryer fire in Bicester yesterday. Fire crews from six stations fought the blaze at its ...

Read more...

Dryer fire causes evacuation of Rehoboth hotel

The News Journal
August 02, 2017
 

A basement fire already extinguished before emergency personnel arrived forced the evacuation of all guests from the Atlantic Sands Hotel in ...

Read more...

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackle tumble dryer fire

Crewe Guardian
August 02, 2017
 

The crew, two of whom wore breathing apparatus, used a hose reel jet with a covering jet in place to put out the fire. A tumble dryer was then ...

Read more...

Fire At Fircrest In Shoreline May Have Started In Dryer

Patch.com
July 26, 2017
 

The laundry building at the Fircrest campus in Shoreline burned to the ground Thursday. The fire may have started in dryer.

Read more...

Dryer fire forces short evacuation of Marriott guests in Portage

WWMT-TV
July 26, 2017
 

When firefighters arrived, they found a commercial dryer on fire in the laundry room. Hotel guests were evacuated for close to two hours while ...

Read more...

Instead of smelling clean laundry, this Burton family smelled smoke

Island Packet
July 26, 2017
 

A Burton home filled with smoke when a fire sparked inside a clothes dryer, according to a Burton Fire District news release. The appliance ...

Read more...

Dryer fire in Combined Locks

Fox11online.com
July 18, 2017
 

COMBINED LOCKS (WLUK) -- Smoke and flames coming from the dryer, that's what Combined Locks Fire & Rescue and the Buchanan Fire ...

Read more...

Commercial dryer fire causes hotel evacuation

Fox17
July 18, 2017
 

A fire in the laundry area at the Courtyard Marriot in Portage was a ... Officials arrived on scene and located the fire in a commercial dryer.

Read more...

Margate: Homes evacuated after tumble dryer fire

Kent Online
July 18, 2017
 

A fire service spokesman said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service volunteers and the British Red Cross are attending to see to the welfare of the ...

Read more...

UPDATE: Palm Beach hotel fire damage estimate rises to $50000

Palm Beach Post
July 18, 2017
 

Original story: The Town of Palm Beach Fire Rescue is investigating the cause of a commercial-dryer fire that caused a 2-hour evacuation at the ...

Read more...

Nursing home fire causes evacuation, no injuries

Tallahassee.com
July 14, 2017
 

A dryer fire at a Tallahassee nursing facility forced an evacuation but left no one injured Thursday morning. Tallahassee Firefighters arrived at ...

Read more...

Linen warehouse catches fire in North Las Vegas

FOX5 Las Vegas
July 14, 2017
 

The logo of the North Las Vegas Fire Department, in an undated image. ... warehouse on West Mayflower after a dryer caught fire Thursday.

Read more...

Laundry dryer starts fire at assisted living facility in Bradenton

WWSB ABC 7
July 12, 2017
 

BRADENTON, FL (WWSB) – The City of Bradenton Fire Department responded to a structure fire started by a dryer early Tuesday morning.

Read more...

Dryer fire spreads, seriously damaging Lysander home

Syracuse.com
July 10, 2017
 

When he came home 10 minutes later, his dryer was on fire, said Sgt. Jon Seeber, an Onondaga County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Read more...

Ashland Fire Department reports

The Independent
July 10, 2017
 

ASHLAND — The Ashland Fire Department rescued a disabled man from his home and saved his pets after his dryer caught fire. Crews were ...

Read more...

FDNY: Dryer fire lights up basement in Rosebank

SILive.com
July 10, 2017
 

Firefighters responded early Sunday morning to a dryer fire in Rosebank. (Staten Island Advance/Google Maps). Firefighters responded early ...

Read more...

20 Phoenix firefighters help battle dryer fire

AZFamily
July 10, 2017
 

Approximately 20 firefighters helped battle and control a dryer fire in southwest Phoenix early Monday morning, according to Phoenix fire.

Read more...

Brigantine Fire Department responds to dryer fire

Shore News Today
July 10, 2017
 

The City of Brigantine Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department responded to 29 fire calls and 83 Emergency Medical Service calls ...

Read more...

Clothes dryer catches fire at Keizer apartment complex - KPTV - FOX ...

KPTV.com
June 29, 2017
 

A clothes dryer caught fire at a Keizer apartment complex, forcing a woman and her young child out of their home. Firefighters responded to ...

Read more...

YES ministries collecting donations for local family recovering from ...

WSET
June 27, 2017
 

The fire happened on Tuesday, May 30, and LaTanya Murphy said the dryer caused a loud boom that shook the entire house before engulfing ...

Read more...

Cedar Rapids Firefighters respond to fire at Ingredion plant

The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headli
June 27, 2017
 

Cedar Rapids firefighters responded Friday night to a dryer fire in a Ingredion facility building at 1001 First St. SW. According to a media release ...

Read more...

Dryer fire damages Spartanburg home

WSPA.com
June 27, 2017
 

According to Scott Garrett, Fire Chief of the Westview Fairforest FD, the call came in at 4:46am. Someone in the home saw the dryer on fire.

Read more...

Murrysville house fire likely sparked by dryer

Tribune-Review
June 27, 2017
 

No one was injured when a dryer caught fire at about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 3000 block of School Road in Murrysville.

Read more...

Apartment Dryer Fire Displaces Residents

FOX 21 Online
June 21, 2017
 

The cause of the fire has been determined to have started inside of a dryer, according to the Minnesota Fire Marshal's Office. Preliminary ...

Read more...

Dryer fire damages Athens apartment

The Post
June 21, 2017
 

A fire broke out in a clothes dryer in an E. State Street apartment Monday morning. The Athens Fire Department responded to a fire at 284 E.

Read more...

Is my home a fire risk? The Fire Service says it may well be your 'evil ...

Stuff.co.nz
June 21, 2017
 

No-one expects their home to catch fire, but every day houses do catch fire ... And as for that clothes dryer, the Fire Service says we should ...

Read more...

Dryer causes fire at Waverley dairy

New Zealand Herald
June 19, 2017
 

The alarm went up at 11.13am and Whanganui, Patea and Waverley fire crews attended, Waverley chief fire officer Alan Hickford said.

Read more...

Dryer fire starts blaze in garage

The Turlock Journal
June 13, 2017
 

A fire that started in a clothes dryer ignited a detached garage and was threatening to spread to the residence before Turlock firefighters were ...

Read more...

Animals rescued from blaze

La Grande Observer
June 13, 2017
 

The La Grande Rural Fire Department, La Grande Fire Department and the Union County Sheriff's Office responded to a dryer fire on Saturday ...

Read more...

HFD responds to fire at hotel

Hays Daily News
June 13, 2017
 

On arrival, firefighters found guests evacuating the hotel due to a small fire in a commercial clothes dryer in the hotel laundry room, according to ...

Read more...

3 escape blaze in clothes dryer

News Sentinel
June 12, 2017
 

An adult and two children escaped safely after a fire started in a clothes dryer Sunday morning, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department.

Read more...

<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 >>

Archives